Apple season is here! At the moment, we're currently selling six different varieties of apples: Ambrosia, Aurora, Gala, Granny, Honeycrisp, and Mac. Since we've been apple-ly baking and cooking with apples for the past few weeks, we wanted to share a few recipes we recommend:
1. The Best Vegan Apple Crisp: Vegan or not, this is the best apple crisp recipe ever. The recipe calls for 8 apples - 4 Granny Smith and 4 Honeycrisp. Whether you're sticking to the original recipe or the one we adapted, we promise it won't disappoint.
2. Autumn Apple Salad with a Maple Vinaigrette: This simple salad is perfect for a light lunch or snack. The recipe requests both Granny Smith and Fuji apples (but we recommend replacing Fuji with Honeycrisp or Ambrosia to keep it local). For a more filling salad, add chicken, shrimp, or tofu to this recipe.
Photo by House of Yum
3. Apple Pie Oatmeal: Start off your morning right with this cozy oatmeal recipe from Oh She Glows. Make this recipe early in the morning (only takes 30 minutes) or ahead of time. Warm or chilled, we're confident this breakfast recipe will be the best part of your day.
4. Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread: Yes, it's possible to enjoy apple pie without the crust! This bread is the perfect afternoon tea-time snack. Plus, it can be ready in only an hour. Be careful, though, not to eat the whole loaf by yourself!
Photo by Wishes & Dishes TM
5. Cornbread with Caramelized Apples and Onion: Looking for a unique side dish or bread to serve with your main course? This apple- and onion- cornbread will wow all your family and friends. The recipe requests red- or pink-skinned apples, so we recommend using a bright Ambrosia.
Are you canning, pickling, baking, and/or cooking with our BC apples? Tag us in your photos on Facebook or Instagram. We love seeing how our customers use our fruit!