Apple crisp is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. It's warm, sweet, and filling, and most importantly, incredibly easy to make.
We've tried out a few recipes, but this one stood out to us. The pecans add a nice crunch and using coconut sugar in place of regular white sugar allows the natural sweetness of the apples to shine through. Using a bit of our 100% Apple Juice will also up the ante on the apple flavour.
This recipe was adapted from The Minimalist Baker and is therefore totally vegan and easily made gluten-free. But that doesn't mean it's not completely delicious. Trust us... the next time you bring this to a potluck, you'll be coming home with an empty pan.
The Best Apple Crumble
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Peel, quarter, and remove cores from apples. Thinly slice with a paring knife.
3. Add apples to a large mixing bowl and top with remaining filling ingredients. Toss to combine and add to a 9x13" baking dish.
4. Clean out your mixing bowl and add all the topping ingredients. Stir to combine. Break down any clumps of sugar with your fingers. Pour over layer of apples.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes (uncovered) or until filling is bubbly, the apples are tender, and the topping is golden brown.
6. Let rest before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream (make sure it's dairy-free is you wanna keep it vegan)!