October 04, 2018
Autumn is here! The leaves are bright red, orange, and yellow; the weather is cooler; the apples on our orchard are ready for pickin', and Thanksgiving is less than one week away. As we wrap up the outdoor market season, we've been thinking more about what dishes we'll be cooking this weekend.
September 21, 2018
We're very excited to now offer 100% cherry juice made from the cherries grown on our orchard! This fantastic juice is high in potassium, iron, and antioxidants.
Cherry juice isn't something people typically purchase on a regular basis like orange or apple juice. While our juice is sweet, store-bought cherry juice can often be quite tart.
Interested in incorporating more cherry juice into your life, but don't know how? Here are 5 creative ways to use cherry juice we highly recommend:
1. Cherry Sorbet. While it might be cooling down in Edmonton and area, there's never a bad time for sorbet. This easy recipe by this heart of mine only requires 3 ingredients: frozen cherry juice, simple syrup, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
2. Cherry Fizz. This sweet, bubbly cocktail is perfect for fall and winter parties. Make this recipe (by cake n knife) by the glass or in a pitcher for friends. Also, it's easy to make this cocktail kid-friendly - simply don't add vodka!
3. Chocolate Cherry Recovery Smoothie. Now, this recipe from Jenna Braddock calls for canned cherries OR cherry juice. We recommend using our cherry juice if you have it! Mixed with honey, cocoa powder, and Greek yogurt, this is the perfect post-workout snack or morning pick-me-up.
4. Almond Rice Pudding with Sweet Cherry Sauce and Caramel Cream. Even though the cherry sauce isn't the star of this recipe, it's a big, important part of it! This recipe by Food & Wine is perfect for cold winter nights and can be made ahead of time for quick assembly!
5. Cherry Chia Pudding. Creamy and dairy-free normally don't go together in the same sentence... but they do in this recipe by Nutrition Stripped. Made with coconut milk, cherry juice, chia seeds, and fall spices like nutmeg, you'll want to make this recipe sooner than later.
Even if you don't have time to try out one of these recipes, we encourage you to pick up a container of 100% cherry juice from us soon! It's delicious (and not very tart) by itself.
Not sure where to find us? Check out our market schedule here.
- August 22, 2018
August 07, 2018
prumble of course!
Over the long weekend, we had a few extra hours to bake and came up with this spectacular recipe. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves the idea of pie (but isn't a huge fan of eating it), anyone who can't seem to make a pie crust no matter how many times they try, and anyone who just loves a good crumble.